The original core of the building was originally an oil mill, dating back to the 17th century. The building "LA COLOMBAIA" was expanded, and became a large country house with a dozen farms. The name comes from the topographic maps of the time. At the end of 1800 it was bought by Stefano Chimenti, Mayor of Bucine who was married to Gemma Bambi, a Florentine noblewoman. The building has been fully restored and descendents of the Chimenti family have lived there ever sense. Nowadays the great-nephew of Margerita Chimenti. The name of the house was changed to Catola by the current owner.